New York Attorney Representing Victims of Surgical Errors
Medical malpractice cases can be expensive and challenging to investigate and prosecute. Medical experts' time is valuable. Hospital and doctor records can be tedious to obtain and evaluate. A medical malpractice lawyer and a victim cannot and should not enter into a medical malpractice case without clear and convincing evidence that a violation in the standards of care resulted in grievous harm to a patient.
Surgery does not always have its intended results. A patient's body may not respond as expected to a surgical procedure such as spinal fusion or knee replacement. In some cases, complications may leave a patient believing that a surgeon was careless or unqualified. However, it may be very difficult to determine and prove that a surgical error took place.
On the other hand, some surgery mistakes are blatantly obvious:
- Removing or operating on the wrong body part
- Leaving a surgical instrument, sponge or other foreign object inside a patient
- Failure to administer anesthesia correctly, resulting in unbearable pain or death
- Failure to properly monitor vital signs during surgery
- Failure to perform a C-section in a timely manner
- Unnecessary performance of a C-section that results in a birth injury
Discuss your potential surgical error case with attorney Evan Foulke of Foulke Law Firm if you or a close family member has experienced injury as a result of a suspected surgical error. The Foulke Law Firm handles a wide range of general negligence matters including personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice and nursing home neglect. Contact the Foulke Law Firm to schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced, dedicated medical malpractice lawyer.