New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney
Legally speaking, no man is an island. In daily life, we owe a duty of care to each other depending on the circumstances; for example:
- Drivers of cars and trucks are expected to follow traffic laws, inspect their vehicles to make sure everything is in working order, and keep proper lookout on the road.
- Property owners are expected to keep their premises in good condition: stairways should be lit, railings should be fastened properly and fire extinguishers should be in working order.
- Manufacturers, vendors and marketers are expected to ensure that their products are safe to use.
- Dog owners should keep their animals under control.
- Nursing homes should follow the law and adhere to accepted standards of care.
If you have been injured as a result of someone else's neglect, that person or organization may be held responsible to compensate you for your losses. An experienced, diligent personal injury attorney will most likely look into the following issues when representing you after an accidental injury:
- The facts behind the accident itself. Who was at fault? Who could have prevented the injury through reasonable precautions?
- Analysis of liability and insurance issues.
- Evaluation of medical information detailing the nature of the injury and long-term prognosis for recovery.
- Estimation of total expenditures anticipated over a lifetime that will be necessary to "make the victim whole" financially: medical treatment, therapy, rehabilitation and recovery, replacement of lost income and replacement of value lost to the family of the victim as a result of the injury.
The Foulke Law Firm is a valuable source of counsel and representation for people in and around the Wyckoff, New Jersey, area. Trial lawyer Evan Foulke brings the benefits of years of experience to every personal injury case he handles.
Whether through settlement negotiations or at trial, attorney Foulke is prepared to do what it takes to help ensure that a car accident, dog bite or slip and fall accident victim receives the maximum available compensation.